Few months ago Bioré, the number one makeup brand in Japan, launched a brand new makeup remover in a revolutionary format. A serum like texture makeup remover that not only remove makeup but hydrate the skin at the same time.
Comes in an attractive pink bottle, the Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover’s thick jelly-like texture spreads easily to lift off even waterproof makeup with less tugging, and helps to cushion the otherwise harsh cleansing motion.
The thick consistency cushions the hand pressure on skin, shielding it from the rough cleansing motion which might cause wrinkles and the skin to sag in the long run. This is especially important while cleansing the delicate areas around the eyes. It also helps to keep lash drops to a minimum.
To top it off, the Makeup Remover is formulated with a mixture of cleansing ingredients and one-third moisturising beauty essence, allowing users to experience ultimate smoothness from cleansing to the after-rinse feel on skin. It nourishes and hydrates skin for a moist and dewy finish.
Leaving no sticky and greasy after-feel, the makeup remover also takes less repeated rinsing to completely remove the makeup residue. Skin feels immediately refreshed and clean after use.
- Brand new jelly format promises a gentle yet highly effective cleansing process
- Unique serum-like texture of jelly spreads easily to lift off makeup with less pulling and tugging at skin
- Thicker consistency cushions harsh cleansing motion
- Works especially well to remove even waterproof eye makeup
- Contains one-third moisturising essence which nourishes and hydrates skin for a moist and dewy finish
- No sticky and greasy after-feel
- Remove contact lenses before use
- If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use
- If the product gets into your eyes, rinse thoroughly with water
- If signs of irritation persist, seek medical help
- Keep away from direct sunlight and heat
1. Apply to dry face and hands for best result; Do not use with facial cotton pad or tissue
2. Pump an appropriate amount (2-3 pumps) onto hands and spread evenly over face and eye area
3. Massage gently to dissolve makeup
4. Rinse thoroughly with water; Cotton pad or tissue is not needed for the removal of cleansing fluid
I do a various swatches from foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick, mascara/brow mascara and eyeliners
Spread about 2 pump of the jelly makeup remover serum all over the swatches and lightly massage to melt away the makeup...
No harsh rubbing.. just lightly massage and most of the colors makeup will lifted off the skin.. except mascara/brow mascara
Rinse off from running water and lightly massage the skin (no harsh rubbing)
Towel dry the skin... can see there still some faint left over mark by the waterproof mascara/brow mascara and eyeliners
Here my thoughts on the Biore Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover ::
- The Jelly makeup remover smell and taste really really sweet (I licked it, lolx)
- Has a serum like texture - thick watery gel-like type
(Easy to spread around the whole face)
- The sweetness of the jelly feel really soothing on the skin
(can calm hot and tired skin)
- Can remove base and color makeup very well. Not so much on waterproof mascara and thick creamy pencil eyeliners.
- Be careful, it does stink the eyes!!! I tried it many times and OMY... DON'T use this to remove eyemakeup... it hurts!)
- After rinising off the remover, skin feel super soft and smooth (I like the texture!)
- Doesn't feel oily nor sticky after rinising off
(I will always follow up with my normal cleanser to double cleanse my skin)
- Have been using this on and off for the pass 2 months... I use this when I didn't apply eyeliner or waterproof mascara.
(I'm too lazy to use a seperate point makeup remover)
- Didn't cause any breakout
- No skin irritation
- Love the soothing feel of this makeup remover
According to the instruction, this remover work best with dry hand and skin. This is to ensure the remover can work well on "makeup" skin and lift up dirt and dissolve makeup. Using cotton pad means extra "rubbing" on the skin (the wiping motion can cause wrinkles, fine lines and skin irritation (this is base on my personal experiences, becos I don't like using cotton pad to remove makeup.)
I will get about 3 pumps on my palm and then start spreading around my whole face (avoid eye areas first) and lightly massage... before rinising off, I will lightly massage over my eyelids and faster rinise off before the serum(remover) gets into my eyes!
I love the feeling and texture of my face after rinising off the remover... skin feel so smooth and soothing.
Price : SD$24.90 [230ml]
Available at Watsons, all major pharmacies and supermarkets.
I'm not affiliated with Biore, Product was provided for consideration